29 gallon stocking questions? whats a good mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
tank is done cycling.. i have 5 zebra danios and a B/N pleco... im gonna slowy add 5-6 cory cats withen next month or so.. just wondering other suggestions of stocking. i like alot movement.. in fact probably gonna get another 3-4 more zebra danios to complete there school...i love zebra danios, love the action but they take up the top half of tank, the corys will take up bottom, any suggestions for the mid level of the tank? doesnt matter what size, they can be tiny schooling fish also, just as long as they mostly mid level fish away from the danios(well, cant get too far away in a 29 gallon,lol) so what kind of mid level fish or schooling fish do others recommend? ph is higher...thank you

I have gold pristella tetras they r always right in the middle of the tank at the front wanting attention haha

Harlequin rasboras, kerri blue tetras, cardinals, black neons, leomon tetras, gold barbs, penguin tetras, rummy-nose tetras or any similar tetras would work. Many tetras swim in the middle to lower areas of the tank so they would be out of the way of the zebra danios.
Another option is a trio of guppies or platys. If you get a male and a few females, there will be a lot of movement as the the male chases all the girls around. :)

I highly recommend harlequins. They are my favorite- in my opinion, the best schooling fish because of how peaceful they are and how they contrast with plants. They are also not skiddish. They stay right smack in the middle of my 29g.

I would also go with tetras. With all those psychotic danios, I wouldn't choose the shy ones like rummynose, but would go with something like red eyes or serpaes, which would be a nice color contrast.

Back
Top Bottom