29g betta stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have just put together a 29g tank for my 5 yr old daughter and her betta that will get a big upgrade from a 1.5g. im running a penguin 200 on it and i need to know what i can put in it with the betta and how many of what is recommended i know right now the only thing she has said she wants is neons, because she likes the cardinals i have in my tank

I've had lots of good luck with small rasboras in a tank with a betta. I currently have emerald eyed rasboras in with a betta.

I have no personal experience with tetras so can't comment.

Good luck!

Are there any other fish in paticular you are interested in? There are many fish that will work with most bettas, but you'll still need to proceed with caution as you add fish and be prepared for certain combos not to work out. There's also a possiblity the betta will not be community friendly at all.

Some fish that may work are marble hatchets, espei rasbora, harlequin rasbora, dadios, danios, neon tetra, cardinal tetra, rummynose tetra, glowlight tetra, ember tetra, kerri tetra, dwarf neon rainbows, threadfin rainbows, panda cories, false julii cories, emerald cories, albino cories, bronze cories, bristlenose pleco, pitbull plecos, clown pleco, apistogrammas, rams, endler's livebearers, platties, and kuhli loaches.

one thing about the filter is you want to keep the water level high because bettas hate currents. to keep cutrents down you could add some driftwood, and some live plants. :)

i would do some cories, a school or two of peaceful, non-nippy tetras, and a fancy pleco of some sort. :)

Back
Top Bottom