2ft wide 125 gal tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blazeherd2306

Aquarium Advice Addict
Really, they have 2ft wide 125 gal tanks? I have never seen one.

As far as them growing bigger in the wild than in captivity, with proper housing they can grow just as big in captivity.

Yea, they do...They are really quite impressive. Many of my customers prefer them over the classic style, as they give more width versus height, kinda the best of both worlds as lower height allows easier cleaning, while thw width allows more swimming room for fish, importanta factors in saltwater set-ups.

physicsdude said:
They are really quite impressive. Many of my customers prefer them over the classic style, as they give more width versus height.

do you have a pic/link

im interested, especially after seeing glitches 90 gal corner, tank, large fish can swim around in every direction for once. the normal 125g are really disapointing see they are just as wide as a 75g, just 50 gallons longer in length.

pricy, but interesting, i dont really need abnormally thick glass, cant imagine how much it weighs

The glass doesn't look that thick on the sides, just on the top. Do you have a measurement? Our 150 tall is 5/8" thick and weighs a ton. Ok, not really a ton. :) But it takes two people with a lot of strength to move it. And even then they are grunting. I suppose they make it thick for a reason.

They are very heavy- it took 3 of us, grown men who do bodybuilding to lift it into the customer's truck or van (one dude rented a u-haul!) The size is 120 gallon, and they're made by All Glass Aquarium. Without water, the bare tank weighs in at 200 pounds, while the weight of a filled t ank, not counting gravel and decor, is 1400 pounds. The glass is tempered on the bottom due to the weight. I love these tanks myself as they are wide, they are deep but not seemingly bottomless and their length is good.
Here's a link to the website:
http://www.all-glass.com/products/aquariums/index.html

physicsdude said:
They are very heavy- it took 3 of us, grown men who do bodybuilding to lift it into the customer's truck or van (one dude rented a u-haul!) The size is 120 gallon, and they're made by All Glass Aquarium. Without water, the bare tank weighs in at 200 pounds, while the weight of a filled t ank, not counting gravel and decor, is 1400 pounds. The glass is tempered on the bottom due to the weight. I love these tanks myself as they are wide, they are deep but not seemingly bottomless and their length is good.
Here's a link to the website:
http://www.all-glass.com/products/aquariums/index.html

120 gallons are 48x24, but 125 gal wides are 72x24...much better. You won't find them on all-glass. Only on glasscages or someplace that does custom work.

actually, i think i'd choose the 48x24x24, 120gal tank over the common 72x18x18 (the commons about the size)

The 125 gal 72x18 has more swimming room than the 120 the (more surface area).

your right, it has about 900 more square inches, but its also 5 gallons more than the 120 (48x24x24)

Well, a 20" long fish wouldn't be much better in a 24" wide tank. Besides a 120 is 2 ft shorter in length.

on another topic, thanks for changing your avatar, the ugly fish was starting to bother me

Well, for most people, they can't afford a custom built tank, so they go with what is offerred by pet stores, who do work with All Glass and Perfecto. Besides, that 125 tank you mentioned sacrifices height for length, something that is not particularly appealing to my customers creating a reef tank. As most like to create islands of rockwork with patches of corals with relatively small fish like yellow tangs and such, the 17" height is just too low to suit this purpose. At least that is what they tell me when I try to sell them the 18" wide tanks with something like 30" of depth. Light means everything is those set-ups.
But for freshwater, the length would be quite nice as you could put some real centerpieces in there, like angels or even discus. Anyway, thats my two cents

physics, do you see your 125 tanks for the same price the site you gave, listed, or are you cheaper/higher

hc8719 said:
on another topic, thanks for changing your avatar, the ugly fish was starting to bother me

I agree with you on that. I didn't like it that much.

Back
Top Bottom