3.3 gallon tank going on wall. Tiny fish recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRaid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going to be getting a 3. 3 gallon tank mounted in the wall soon. What I wanted to know was what kinds of small fish I can possibly keep in there. I know not much obviously but that's okay with me since I've got a tank in my room and the kitchen haha.

Can I fit a betta and a couple of ghost shrimp in there? Figured the betta might eat them eventually but I'm looking for ideal fish for this tank and pickings look slim.

I'm going to be getting a 3. 3 gallon tank mounted in the wall soon. What I wanted to know was what kinds of small fish I can possibly keep in there. I know not much obviously but that's okay with me since I've got a tank in my room and the kitchen haha.

Can I fit a betta and a couple of ghost shrimp in there? Figured the betta might eat them eventually but I'm looking for ideal fish for this tank and pickings look slim.

Betta might be ok... It'd be better than a bowl

Betta would be fine. I'd suggest changing the water (50%) every 3-4 days, or three times a week even. You could do a couple male endlers in there too. Might be able to get away with a dwarf puffer. Maybe.

Betta would be fine. I'd suggest changing the water (50%) every 3-4 days, or three times a week even. You could do a couple male endlers in there too. Might be able to get away with a dwarf puffer. Maybe.

Haha I'd be worried about a Dwarf puffer inflating in the tank. They are pretty fish but I do think they need at least five gallons maybe I can look for a bigger tank if I decide to get one of them. Good to know about the bettas however, I would like one of them.

A shrimp only tank perhaps? I think looking at 30 shrimp in a wall tank would be awesome. Red cherries or one of their different colorations would look cool.

A shrimp only tank perhaps? I think looking at 30 shrimp in a wall tank would be awesome. Red cherries or one of their different colorations would look cool.

Red cherry shrimp are very pretty but I've never seen them sold at petsmart. Haven't checked petco yet. The only shrimp I've seen is ghost shrimp and I have a problem seeing them lol. I do like the shrimp idea also. If only I could find them.

Red cherry shrimp are very pretty but I've never seen them sold at petsmart. Haven't checked petco yet. The only shrimp I've seen is ghost shrimp and I have a problem seeing them lol. I do like the shrimp idea also. If only I could find them.

Many people here sell shrimp and ship for a good price. Usually like 20 dollars for 20 shrimp. There are also a couple websites that sell the other color varieties like snow white, blue, yellow, orange (I have orange and red, separate tanks).

Many people here sell shrimp and ship for a good price. Usually like 20 dollars for 20 shrimp. There are also a couple websites that sell the other color varieties like snow white, blue, yellow, orange (I have orange and red, separate tanks).

Do you have any website links I could look at. Blue and red would look good.

I'll find them. You would have to pick one color variety since they are the same species. If you had two colors they would breed and the colors would be messed up.

I'll find them. You would have to pick one color variety since they are the same species. If you had two colors they would breed and the colors would be messed up.

Ah that sucks lol ill probably get another tank then across from it. If they breed would the other shrimp try to eat the babies? I've seen them eat even little dead tetras so o. O haha

I've seen the shrimp eat dead shrimp but they have never killed. So long as they are fed they won't kill others.

I've seen the shrimp eat dead shrimp but they have never killed. So long as they are fed they won't kill others.

Alright sounds good. I found a website called the shrimp farm or something like that with some positive reviews. I think I'll try that. Thank you for the idea I'll get 10 cherries for now :) could possibly make good feeder food if they breed and get out of control. Possibly even resell for a profit.

That was my thinking when I started mine. Breed them and sell them to get the hobby to pay for itself. Just make sure the tank is cycled for them. I had a bad die off when I impatiently switched tanks too soon and my herd got down to four. It's the best when you see little ones appear out of nowhere

That was my thinking when I started mine. Breed them and sell them to get the hobby to pay for itself. Just make sure the tank is cycled for them. I had a bad die off when I impatiently switched tanks too soon and my herd got down to four. It's the best when you see little ones appear out of nowhere

I think all aquarist go through that. Surprisingly my first tank I had no deaths. I didnt even have a kit at the time to test the water. I just set the tank up and tossed the fish I picked in. It was my second tank I had the issue with cycling. If there's any other trust worthy sites I can get Em cheaper I'll take a look.

I like the shrimp idea. Will you have ny lighting in this tank? If so, maybe a marimo moss ball and some shrimp would look nice.

I like the shrimp idea. Will you have ny lighting in this tank? If so, maybe a marimo moss ball and some shrimp would look nice.

Yes I will have a light filter and everything :) I've never tried the moss balls though. Been kinda unsure about them because I don't know much about it.

You could pretty much stick a moss ball in a cup in a closest that got light for a couple hours a week and they would be fine :lol: I would do some java ferns and moss balls.

Back
Top Bottom