3 Dojo loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babakapusta

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today I bought 3 Dojo Loaches. They are the common ones that are brown. I'm excited because I like them better then the pink dojo's. It hasn't been easy finding them.

The LFS had some of the pink dojo's. I couldn't believe how little they were. i think they were about 1.5 inches long. I think I've seen blood worms bigger than those fish.

Anyway they are in their tank and look good so far. I hope I don't have any trouble with them.

Today I bought 3 Dojo Loaches. They are the common ones that are brown. I'm excited because I like them better then the pink dojo's. It hasn't been easy finding them. The LFS had some of the pink dojo's. I couldn't believe how little they were. i think they were about 1.5 inches long. I think I've seen blood worms bigger than those fish. Anyway they are in their tank and look good so far. I hope I don't have any trouble with them.
Congrats! I bought a couple of these a while ago and like them a lot better than the "golden" ones, such a cool green-brown shimmer to them. They get very large though, actually a food fish in Asia!

They are a food source here as well. I went to a restaurant in our Viet Nam neighborhood and ate a soup made from them. I was warned that white people didn't like it and I have to admit it was strange tasting soup and I probably wouldn't order it again, but it wasn't as bad the Czarnina which is the duck blood soup I had at a Polish Restaurant. lol

I'm hoping they get pretty big. I have a 125 gallon tank for them when they grow out a little more.

Back
Top Bottom