3 red tailed sharks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjtaylor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok foolishly 3 months ago i purchased 3 red tailed sharks (Epalzeorhynchos bicolor) not knowing that they can get fairly aggressive towards each other in one tank, and my tank is small. anyway i am planing to upgrade to a 240 litre/63 gallon tank in about a week or 2. now i have never experienced any aggression between the three of them which i would assume is because they are all different sizes and the largest one basically runs the tank. now even in the larger tank i assume it would be better just to keep one?

Defiantly take back 2 of the sharks or give them to some one! They are the most aggressive of all the freshwater sharks, and even if they are getting along now they will be later on.

aquakais right,you have to take back 2. they will kill each other.the reason they are not fighting is probably that they have not reached maturity yet

i assumed as much, which leads to my next question. which one should i keep. the larger one is the most active but being active is it going to cause hassel in my larger tank. the smallest is least active but is that just because of the large one?

+1 - having had the species, I can honestly say, return 2 of them.

Definitely research any species you're thinking of getting next. It's so much easier to provide the fish with the proper habitat the second you introduce them to the tank.

Keep the one you like the most. It's that easy.

i assumed as much, which leads to my next question. which one should i keep. the larger one is the most active but being active is it going to cause hassel in my larger tank. the smallest is least active but is that just because of the large one?
i agree with lyndaB,keep your favourite

Back
Top Bottom