3 Spotted Pictus Catfish - Hiding all day / not active

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elysium

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have three Pictus Catfish in a 100 gallon aquarium (ammonia levels 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm, nitrate 20ppm). They have a huge run of the tank, a lot of hiding spaces and are generally in (what I believe to be) a great set-up. However all three hide ALL day/night long. There may be a single occasion in the whole day where I'll see them dart out, grab some food and go right back to hiding again. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's daylight or nighttime, they just are not active fish whatsoever. I have absolutely no idea what is going on as everysingle story I read about Pictus Catfish go on and on about how active they are! What am I doing wrong here!?

They are housed with 6 Giant Danio, 6 Tiger Barb and 1 African Featherfin (who hides all day and then chills on the filter at night, so not a 'bother' to the pictus). All schools seem to leave one another alone so no one seems to be bullying one another. I just can't work out why my "very active" catfish are absolutely not active at all! Do I need to increase their numbers? Perhaps have 5?

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom