3 unidentified plants... help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with the ID of the repens but it looks like it is showing signs of nutrient deficiencies (yellowing). What are your nitrates reading at? Are you dosing anything?

I would suggest to you that you research the plants before going to the LFS to buy them. At least that way you know what to look for and what to avoid (non-aquatics). I would also highly recommend buying your plants from fellow hobbyists. You can get some nice specimens and at a better price! :)

The nitrates are at 15 and I'm not dosing anything

Do either of these plants need to be tied to a rock, or are they supposed to be in the gravel?

Do either of these plants need to be tied to a rock, or are they supposed to be in the gravel?

No, they should all be in the gravel. The repens (if that's what it is) is a stem plant. When it reaches the top of your tank, cut the the top off and plant it in the gravel.

good, because that is what i have being doing! haha. they're in the gravel and when i got the repens, it was too tall. i was wondering if i should've done that or not! thanks for clearing that up for me.

thanks, Dan:)

Back
Top Bottom