3 yr old bn still so small

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it sounds like you are doing everything right. So all I can think of he's just a small pleco. As long as he is eating well and appears healthy I wouldn't worry

Well it sounds like you are doing everything right. So all I can think of he's just a small pleco. As long as he is eating well and appears healthy I wouldn't worry
I changed all my decor around yesterday so maybe he's just confused, he rarely ever comes out from his cave until I turn the lights off, so when I saw him on the glass I was like oh no whats going on

It's gotta be the food?? I have a bn in my 75 sa cichlid tank and he is freaking monster. Almost 7". 2years old. That tank gets fed heavy on frozen foods and quality flake, maybe even some fresh eggs here and there??. Large weekly wcs.

It's gotta be the food?? I have a bn in my 75 sa cichlid tank and he is freaking monster. Almost 7". 2years old. That tank gets fed heavy on frozen foods and quality flake, maybe even some fresh eggs here and there??. Large weekly wcs.
I feed the tank heavily too, NLS flake, spirluina flake, frozen blood worms, tubifex, peas, zucchini brine shrimp, 50% weekly water changes, he doesn't eat off the drift wood only the rock which confuses me, it's not me I can tell you that much.

Yours must be crazy lol just found this
Bristlenose is one of the smallest tank catfish: its size is in the range from 8 to 15 cm (3,15-7 inches), but usually even the male fish size doesn’t exceed 15 cm (5 in).

It's a monster
So it's not uncommon for them to be 3-7" I thought he might be stunted but he's in a 55 gallon, I haven't got a ruler and measured him, he might be 3.5-4" but he's definitely on the smaller side, he NEVER comes out of his cave so maybe that might be why he's so small, he's scared of every movement in the tank so he only comes out with the lunars on.

Yours looks mature with bristles and all.
I have 2 super red females that are 3 inches tops .They have been in my 180 eating driftwood and what ever for 4+ years .I got them in July of 2013 and they were a 1/2 inch.
Not all BNP get big ,I thought that was the real attraction to them ?

Yours looks mature with bristles and all.
I have 2 super red females that are 3 inches tops .They have been in my 180 eating driftwood and what ever for 4+ years .I got them in July of 2013 and they were a 1/2 inch.
Not all BNP get big ,I thought that was the real attraction to them ?
Yes that's why I got him because I knew I would go planted and i didn't want a big pleco destroying the plant's, what I don't get is why he will never eat off the wood only the THR. He'll latch onto the zucchini, cucumbers and Wafers though but then it's right back to hiding.

PE3j3uN.png

I don't feed mine any real veggies in the 180..They get veggie pellets but competition for food is tough .
They work for their food and are usually easily found out on the wood..

I don't feed mine any real veggies in the 180..They get veggie pellets but competition for food is tough .
They work for their food and are usually easily found out on the wood..
Could it be the wood I have as it's not bog wood, it's Malaysian

Back
Top Bottom