30 big fish only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemamauggly

Aquarium Advice Freak
30 gal tank I only want fish that are bigger only one school any suggestion. Aqadvisor said I could do a RTS 2 Pictus and an angel anything else?

30 gal tank I only want fish that are bigger only one school any suggestion. Aqadvisor said I could do a RTS 2 Pictus and an angel anything else?

No way. No red tail sharks in a tank this size. I'm not sure on the pictus cats or the angel.

Well I'd love to hear your opinions
None of those are ok for that size tank. Knowing the dimensions of the tank would help but you should be good with african leaf fish, bumble bee cats, and pearl gouramis.

I disagree. A single angel is fine in a 30 gallon. The pictus and RTS need a larger tank.

I disagree. A single angel is fine in a 30 gallon. The pictus and RTS need a larger tank.

Depends on the dimensions imho. Angels get 6 inches. I dont think having them in a 12 inch wide tank is appropriate

I'm quite aware of the potential size of adult angelfish, having kept many in tanks of varying sizes throughout the past 9 years. A 55 gallon tank is 13 inches wide. By your rationale, a 55 gallon would be an inappropriate size tank for an angelfish.... however, I don't think you'll find many who would make that argument.

Angelfish? I want one but I'm also in to goldfish if nothing else
Also I already have 2 rams so any fish I get have to be nice to them

Not really IMO- a 29 gallon simply doesn't afford you much room for large fish. If you want an angelfish, you really don't have any more room for anything other than small fish.

Hm, if you like pictus cats, maybe you would like yo yo loaches instead. Smaller, but active and really cool looking.

Or, go with a nice school of something like lemon tetras, cardinal tetras, etc.

I'm quite aware of the potential size of adult angelfish, having kept many in tanks of varying sizes throughout the past 9 years. A 55 gallon tank is 13 inches wide. By your rationale, a 55 gallon would be an inappropriate size tank for an angelfish.... however, I don't think you'll find many who would make that argument.

I wasnt trying to insult you. As I said in my post that was only my opinion.

Someone needs to make a goldfish who's ok with warmer waters if there's not already one out there lol.

Back
Top Bottom