30 Gal Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking for suggestions for stocking a 30 gal tank. I am not intereested in keeping live bearers such as mollies, swordtails or guppies.

pH - 7.8
GH - 3
KH - 3
Temp - 75

Is the pH too high for corries or barbs? If not, what are a good number of each for that size tank?

Thanks!

Your pH is fine for cories and barbs. What kind of cories and barbs are you interested in?

As far as Barbs go, if i go that way it will probably be rosie barbs.

the cories I'm not sure what type, maybe something like panda since my LFS has some that look good.

I'm not yet sure if i want to go the barb route. I am looking for color for the tank and am really haven't seen too much that hs blown me away (I was spoiuled with the SW for the last few years!)

What do you mean by rainbows?

I wa sthinking about guramis, but the have no idea how many dwarf males would be good for a 30, since I dont see me getting bland looking females since I am looking for color.

ClamKnuckle said:
What do you mean by rainbows?
Rainbowfish: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=886

ClamKnuckle said:
I wa sthinking about guramis, but the have no idea how many dwarf males would be good for a 30, since I dont see me getting bland looking females since I am looking for color.
I'd say no more than 2 male dwarfs, 1 would be better. They can be very territorial with each other.

A good stocking for the tank could be: a gourami, 5-6 cories, & 6-7 barbs.

Hey ClamKnuckle! Welcome to the fresh side!

Rainbows are fun and if you want smaller fish to loosely school, go for threadfins or Celebes. I have Celebes and they are wonderful. One thing to keep in mind, most rainbow fish are lackluster in the store, but they are beautiful once colored up and when the fins grow out.

Back
Top Bottom