30 Gallon suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so i have a 30 gallon tank cycling right now, has been for about 2 weeks. It has sand, and i want to know what i can put in it. I was thinking some cichlids of some sort, or some other semi-aggressive fish. Any Suggestions are open!

:thanks: :fish1:

That would best depend on the water parameters, i.e. pH, GH, KH, etc. You may want something that's going to stir the sand a bit to avoid anaerobic pockets.

David

You only need to stir the sand if you have more than four inches, and if you don't have any live plants. Otherwise it's not really necessary.

For cichlids, I like German Blue Rams. I am going to be getting two in a few months. You just have to make sure to put them with other dwarf cichlids, otherwise they might get beat up.

If you want semi-aggressive, you could have 6 Indian Dwarf Puffer fish. They are completely freshwater. Then you could add 6 or so Freshwater Bumble Bee Gobies. They are the only thing that won't get eaten by the puffers. If you go this route, make sure you have the tank heavily planted :)

-Sydney

SirCastic said:
Bump because i need help

It's against the forum rules to bump. Six bumble bee gobies seems a lot. I would only do three. Then maybe only 5 dwarf puffers.. Make sure you have a lot of caves and also tall plants.

Back
Top Bottom