30g overhaul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuckerp

Aquarium Advice Regular
My dad has had a 30g with a zebra danio and swordtail sitting in his livingroom for a few years now, I convinced him to let me basically start from scratch. I want to give him a natural setup (no castles or skulls) with driftwood and a few low light plants. This is what I was thinking for stock. Let me know your thoughts.

10 neons or small schooling tetras (recommendation welcome)

Blue ram or a pair of kribs

4 corys

5 or 6 platies.

Gourami (or other solitary "showpiece")

Any and all thoughts welcome!!

The neon tetras would be the only thing he couldn't get. Y Angels are with platys. Though they're not supposed to be with certain species, I've found mine get along with everything and never have to worry about mixing stuff with angels. Only the other fish in my tank.

The neon tetras would be the only thing he couldn't get. Y Angels are with platys. Though they're not supposed to be with certain species, I've found mine get along with everything and never have to worry about mixing stuff with angels. Only the other fish in my tank.

Its not a compatibility issue its a stocking issue. Physical swimming room.

Yeah, angels are nice... But I'd rather have the rams.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Anyone have any unusual or unique options???

Where are you finding these? My tank is a Rainbow tank and these are gorgeous!!! Any fish supplier you can recommend?

Do you live in canada if so spencer jack or cichlidaholic at afishanados had some in and he ships all over canada. They were featured in the amazonas last month. Sadly the pseudomugil Paskai are very small about an inch and get eaten by all the larger fish in my tanks. I wanted to get some but most are too small sadly.

Back
Top Bottom