36.bow front stocking options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I curtantly just finished cycling my 36 gallon bow front. I was wanting some input about what put in it. for.right now im just going to get schooling fish like tetras, barbs.(no tiger barb). any help would be nice :3.

awilson133 said:
I curtantly just finished cycling my 36 gallon bow front. I was wanting some input about what put in it. for.right now im just going to get schooling fish like tetras, barbs.(no tiger barb). any help would be nice :3.

I'd get 2 big schools of some kind of fish, a few bottom feeders, and a centerpiece fish like a gourami, or ram, or maybe an apisto.

I like espei rasboras, and Kerri tetras. They're both cool little schooling fish

I was thinking to big schools. I have always wanted cory cats but my gravel is to rough I think..

espei are really nice in color. I love there reds. harlequins I like.

Tetra1990 said:
Gold barbs if you can find them. if you have a soft substrate, may I also suggest a peacock eel.

I love gold barbs I have em in my 55g
peacock eels?? they wont out grow the tank will they.

awilson133 said:
I love gold barbs I have em in my 55g
peacock eels?? they wont out grow the tank will they.

My Gosh! It seems a lot of people want peacock eels now lol.
I just got one this week and it would work in a 36 fine. Will not outgrow the tank. Coolest fish ever!

I will have to find one! :). would a school of sterba corys work with this substraight?

ForumRunner_20120505_173555.jpg

awilson133 said:
I will have to find one! :). would a school of sterba tetras work with this substraight?

You mean sterba cories? Yeah they'd work IMO

My p.eel was in a 29 gallon. He did fine. But I would not put one in anything smaller than a 29 gallon.

Tetra1990 said:
My p.eel was in a 29 gallon. He did fine. But I would not put one in anything smaller than a 29 gallon.

well as long as they wont eat my fish im fine. ill deffnatly get one.

awilson133 said:
well as long as they wont eat my fish im fine. ill deffnatly get one.

Just don't put small schooling fish. Barbs will be fine.

Most Petsmarts have them too :)

George9 said:
Just don't put small schooling fish. Barbs will be fine.

Most Petsmarts have them too :)

I will but how small are we talking? like neon tetra size im guessing.

6 gold barb
6 sterba cory cats
1 peacock eel.

any other possibilties?

ahhh petsmart out in east wichita has peacock eels deffnatly going to be my first fish. :) what do they like to eat?

ive read they need soft substraight...are you sure they be okay with my gravel...:/

awilson133 said:
ive read they need soft substraight...are you sure they be okay with my gravel...:/

Mine was in gravel, he did alright, but he liked my log decor better. But I would recommend sand. His tank mates were a mix of tiger/glass/gold barbs. Everyone played nice. Fed mine shrimp pellets.

Tetra1990 said:
Mine was in gravel, he did alright, but he liked my log decor better. But I would recommend sand. His tank mates were a mix of tiger/glass/gold barbs. Everyone played nice. Fed mine shrimp pellets.

see i would but I have eco complete underneth it..so I dont wanna tear it apart. lol.

awilson133 said:
see i would but I have eco complete underneth it..so I dont wanna tear it apart. lol.

I think it will be fine. Many people keep cores with gravel and no problems

I got my peacock eel!!!:3 his name is!!! Dr.No :) I wanted to look at him but he buried himself in the gravel..is this normal when you first get em?

awilson133 said:
I got my peacock eel!!!:3 his name is!!! Dr.No :) I wanted to look at him but he buried himself in the gravel..is this normal when you first get em?

Yep, give him time. And congrats! How big is yours?

Back
Top Bottom