36 gal what other fish should i get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a cycled 36 gal tank... Currently I have 5 fancy guppies, 3 neon tetra, and a pleco. What other fish or creature would be cool to add to
My tank? I have drift wood and lots of hiding places. I have 4 real plants...
Thanks for the help
Dan

Attachments

• image-21882184.jpg
    image-21882184.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 54
What kind of Pleco? If its a common, you'll def want to think of rehousing that guy first. They get to be too big for your tank.

Ok.. Thanks.. I got a common because my friend was going to take him for his 200 gal tank... Then he saw the amount of waste he produces and doesn't want him anymore :/ he's not too big yet a little under 5 inches ... I'm going to buy a used 200 gal tank and put it in my basement... I think that should be a good spot for him... Will 200 gals be enough for him?

200 gallons will be fine for him. Once he's out of there, you should have some room for some more schooling fish if you'd like to do that. Maybe one "show fish" for the tank. Maybe a dwarf gourami?

You could do any kind of ram, German blue, Bolivian, gold...you could also do 4-6 assorted rainbow fish, Cory cats or small loaches, dwarf gourami, and more neons. How about this 8 neons, 5 guppies, 2 gold rams, 6 pepper corys 4 rainbows and 1 BN Pleco.

Yeah, I agree with NYgiants. You should definitely get more neon tetras though, they would look spectacular in a school in your tank!!

Good Luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom