36 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skullythefox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I have a 36 gallon Bow front fresh water tank that is currently cycling. I am wondering how many fish I can have in it. I’m looking to make a community tank and had a few ideas on what fish I want in it, but I’m not sure how many I can fit, and if they can all go in together.
Mollies
Guppies
Corey catfish
Gouramis
Shrimps
^ those are the fish I am currently thinking of, plus a centrepiece fish I’m not sure of yet. Any help and information would be awesome! Thanks in advance :)

Not sure about most, but ime 1 gourami is all I would do. They tend to not like each other unless it's a mating pair. Other ppl have had good luck with more than one, but i wouldn't chance it in a 30" tank. Bettas are gourami and ev1 knows how they are with conspecific aggression

I've got a 36G Bowfront tank that's been running for a couple of years.
1 Bristlenose Pleco
3 Cory Cats (not sure of the type, fat ones about 1.5" long)
6 Peppered Cory Cats
10 Neon Tetras
10 Fancy Guppies
12 Danios
1 Angel Fish (still juvenile)

They all seem to behave, and with a reasonably planted tank I only need a water change every 4 weeks.

I had a Gourami in an old tank years ago, but i think it bullied the other community fish.

Back
Top Bottom