36gal bow front stocking ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thecurly1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm stocking my 36gal for the first time and need some input. This is what I'm thinking, center piece fish a single angle, 4 Julii Cory's, I really would like another small group of albino Cory's but not sure if that would to much for bottom of tank?
Now here's where I need some input I'm looking at having maybe 2 groups of schooling fish. The fish to pick from is rummy nose tetras, blood fins, or serpae (minor) tetras. I know serpae might nip at angle but I lov their coloring. I hav blk Eco complete so tank is in need of color. Not sure which group I should get, which ever group ill be adding 7 of them to keep aggression down.
Any input would be greatly appreciated, the tank is fully cycled and has been running 4 months now. And will be getting an aqua clear 70 to upgrade what I hav soon. The tank is planted also. Do u think this will over stock me?

You could have 8 cory cats total.
I would personally add a school of ten rummy nose tetras and cardinal tetras. I've never been a fan of serpae or blood fin tetras. Plus, I wouldn't want to take the risk of the serpaes nipping the angel's fins.

Scottyhorse I really like the neons but heard they r fish food for the angel, that's why I was leaning more toward a bigger tetras. I will b getting all the other fish b 4 the angel so maybe with the angel being last to go in and it being a baby do u thing I will hav problems?

Rummy-nose teras are fantastic, beautiful fish but they do much better in an established aquarium. So you may want to think about something else. Diamond tetras are really under appreciated schoolers, they look drab in the shop, but take them home, look after them and they bloom into beautiful (hardy) fish. All the best.

Those r nice lookn fish ill have to check and see if LFS has them here. Thanks for the other option! What would u consider a establishd tank? Would it b time or water perimeters?

The old addage is With time comes stable parimeters. Young tanks with good readings for what seems like an extended time frame can be misleading, as this is when the aquarium is most vulnerable to witness spikes. Regards.

Tank has had same reading for at least 2 to 3 month, was doing a fish in cycle with 3 danios (beginning of Jan.) heavy planted, and as soon as I seen an ammonia raising I added a seeded bag of bio spears. As of today no nitrites no ammonia and nitrates are at 20 to 25 ph is 8.2 ( I know high! ) I hav been mixing with RO water but my well water has a very high buffering so it really just hanged their. Do 20% water changes every week. Added 3 Cory's and hav been checking to make sure nothing changes, they hav been in tank 2weeks with no change in water per. I'm really new to all this but I hav done Lots of research so I do hav somewhat of an idea what's going on... Or I think I do anyway lol

Rummy nose tetras would look great against the black background of the Eco complete. But personally, I love cherry barbs. They are really active, and the males are bright red and really POP. They are also good fish for communities since they don't fin nip, and mine occasionally eat algae from my plants, and glass.

+1 for the cherry barbs. They are fantastic fish. I would recomend keeping a close eye on them with the angel to start with. Sounds like you are going about it the right way. It is a fantastic hobby to get into - very addictive.

Back
Top Bottom