4 month old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh ok im sure the water change i do tonight would get rid of the ammonia completly and the capfull of prime would do the trick :D

Just to add Prime doesn't get rid of anything. It just detoxifies it and neutralizes certain metals. Water changes are your friend.

i no but should i still use it tho and the water condition i have for the metals that are bad in the water

ok and i no i should us it at each water change but when the ammonia is at 0.0 should i only add it once a week or only at water changes

oh ok and water changes once a week or how often after getting it to 0.0 ppm

oh ok and water changes once a week or how often after getting it to 0.0 ppm

That will depend on the tank, the fish, the filter etc. I do pwc every 3 days. Every other day for my goldfish.

The lighter your stocking level, and the more effective the filtration you use, the less often you'll need to do pwc. One thing I learned here is that one 50% pwc is a lot more effective at reducing nitrates than two 25% pwc.

oh really im going to start doing 50% pws now then 25 % and i got a merinland bio filtration system

I don't think you can overdose on prime but I wouldn't add a whole cupful every water change. Idk what everyone else does but I don't treat the whole tank. I just treat the water I add for pwcs before I put it in the tank. So if I add 3 gallons of water back I would put about 9 drops of prime in that water then add to tank.
Your ammonia is looking better though keep it up

update i came up and my 1 clear looking cat was swimming up and down the side of my tank while the other one sat there looking at him like he was crazy lol and i feed them one algie wafer and they started to eat it then swam away so idk on that

anyways i did another water change its down to .25 ppm now that means one more waterchange the tank will be ammonia free :D

update i came up and my 1 clear looking cat was swimming up and down the side of my tank while the other one sat there looking at him like he was crazy lol and i feed them one algie wafer and they started to eat it then swam away so idk on that

anyways i did another water change its down to .25 ppm now that means one more waterchange the tank will be ammonia free :D

There's always at least one nutter who likes to do laps along the glass lol

i just checked the cats if the ate they wafee there slowly devowering it yay im glad thete eating it

thanks but im having one issues with the tetra bloodworms is that they dont sink so the cats dont no there there b.c alll they do if float is there way to make them sink or no there eating the elgy wafers fine now the one i gave them last night is gone so i gave them 2 more this morning im giving them a water change here shortly unless i deside to let it go till tonight

thanks but im having one issues with the tetra bloodworms is that they dont sink so the cats dont no there there b.c alll they do if float is there way to make them sink or no there eating the elgy wafers fine now the one i gave them last night is gone so i gave them 2 more this morning im giving them a water change here shortly unless i deside to let it go till tonight

Don't worry about the worms until the tank is sorted and they're feeling better. Mine swim to the surface for the worms now. In the beginning they would just grab whatever the current pushed down to them. Be careful not to over feed. They only have tiny tummies. Maybe you are expecting them to eat too much?

oh ok i wont feed them to much but im curious will the wafers screw up the balance of the tank or will the cats eat them slowly as the day goes on to profent that

Back
Top Bottom