4 month old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its a wheel that spins after the filter filters the water and its some kind of meterial that u never have to change out unlesd its broken or torn

how often should i feet the catfish with the tetra blood worms

ya but there the only 2 left in the tank and i plan to do 1 waterchange tonight and 2 more tommoorrow

i just realized my title said 4 month im sorry my tank is only 4 weeks old my bad

i was told that since i got a bio wheel now that i can use tap water to clean the sfilter out bc the bio wheel has the good bacteria on it right

I wouldn't use tap water on the filters either. They still hold bacteria, and the chlorine in tap water will kill it.
When you do water changes, it's good to swish it in the bucket of water you've removed, so you're not rinsing the gunk back into the tank.

i dont use a bucket anymore i use a water changer kit that hooks to the sink and with a vacuum

Oh dang 4 months and 4 weeks big difference. You should learn as much as you can by reading the articles on cycling.

ya that was my bad lol sorry but i just gave my corys algy wafers they dont seem interested

Make sure you are treating the water you're using for you water changes. It helps to know if you get city water, if they use chloramines, so you can properly treat water to use for water changes. After you get your ammonia readings in check, small amounts of chloramines might be helpful as in small amounts not be as harmful to fish but also aid as a disinfectant for them as well.

Another thing about Corys, people claim they need to be in groups of 3 or more. While I don't know how true this is, I do know I have had 3 Corys successfully live for over a year.

Best of luck with your tank. As a heads up, it's better to use some fish food or dilute ammonia to cycle a tank before hand. It's also good to quarantine new fish before having them go into a new tank to varify they are not ill as to not your fish already in the tank sick.

oh nice i havent added any prime or anything bc i forgot to after my last waterchange lastnight but i will do a water change and add prime and water conditioner in the morning

Ok go ahead and take the wafers out. They are stressed right now because of the ammonia. Keep the lights off and do a water change in the Mornin maybe 50%. Hopefully they will stay alive but really in my opinion, if the ammonia is still high after two more water changes if bring them back to the pet store and do a FishLess cycle. It's up to you. Let us know tomorrow what the ammonia is.

i will test after the water change also can i feed the tetra bllodworms in the morning and the wafers at night oh btw after that 3 water changes yesterday my filterd getting cloged no more snd the water is almost crystsl clear

Hey idk if you care but I think this is cool and maybe give you something to look forward to. I have glofish fry and they are a few days old. But they bred again in my 5 gal this Mornin. Check it out. Here's new eggs I got out tank. And also a pic of my fry.

Attachments

• image-987668315.jpg
    image-987668315.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3330779770.jpg
    image-3330779770.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image-2720487561.jpg
    image-2720487561.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 60
Babies. Little bitty babies. But the parents eat them if you leave the parents in the tank they breed in.

just did a waterchange and it gone from 1.0-2.0 to .50 :D added a cup full of prime to get things started and i gave them a few freezer dried blood worms and they just sate there :( i hope they eat soon :( i will do another water change tonight to get the ammonia down more im just sad there not eating i dont want to lose them to

just did a waterchange and it gone from 1.0-2.0 to .50 :D added a cup full of prime to get things started and i gave them a few freezer dried blood worms and they just sate there :( i hope they eat soon :( i will do another water change tonight to get the ammonia down more im just sad there not eating i dont want to lose them to

Don't worry about them not eating. They have too much else to cope with to be bothered having an appetite. Once your tank is sorted and they can have some peace and quiet in which to rest and recover, then they'll begin eating. Your doing well :)

so how long should i wait to feed them so i do have some peace of my own

Back
Top Bottom