40 gallon (-_-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFishGuy1999

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i dont know if i can ive read over 10 articles saying i can but i need to know if i can keep a blood parrot cichlid in a 40 gallon and if i can would i be able to add anything else.

PS. i want to keep the fish their formits whole life not just wait until adult then give it away i want it for life

Yeah, they get fairly large but 40 is fine. Maybe a few other fish but not a lot as you have to plan for them being 4-6 inches ish

i dont know if i can ive read over 10 articles saying i can but i need to know if i can keep a blood parrot cichlid in a 40 gallon and if i can would i be able to add anything else.

PS. i want to keep the fish their formits whole life not just wait until adult then give it away i want it for life
Hello, blood parrots are slow growers I believe it's about a 1/4inch a month. If kept in pristine conditions can reach 8-10inch. They are a little pushy but can't really defend because of mouth deformity so best kept w/non aggressive to mildly aggressive fish.
I have a pair w/1x lace catfish, 3xclown loaches, 2xbristle nosed plecos & a convict cichlid that hangs w/them most of time.
So in short they should be good for a couple of yrs. Hopefully this helps you!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom