40 gallon B lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximus13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking of getting a 40g breeder this weekend, but I'm hesitant due to me not being able to find a lid for it. I've seen some online with mixed reviews. Do you guys have any suggestions on where to get one for a decent price? Someone told me they found one for around $35 but never told me where :/

Might have better luck searching for one marketed for a standard 60g, they have the same footprint. Not a lot of stuff is actually marketed for breeder tanks.

Hi, I had the same issue. I opted out and bought all glass and ad it cut, then place a molding trimming around edges, then bought led lights that go from 24"-36"....love it...kinda neat being able to see thru the top...oh the light I got on sale for 40 and glass was 12

Yup petco it the place. Just bought a tank and lid on sat. Bonus petco's dollar a gallon sale. You get a 118$ tank for 40 plus tax.

I checked my local Petco and they don't have any lids for the 40, I asked if they could order one if I needed it and was told they don't. So ordering one online it is then

I'd really just like to have one, less evaporation, it seems to keep the water cleaner from any flying dust, and it keeps the water from ruining the lighting.

Our local Petco has the lids for the 40B with no brace. Double check to make sure it's not elsewhere in the store, like by the reptile stuff since 40Bs are big with the lizard/snake crowd. Way cheaper at Petco than online prices.

You are looking for Aqueon part # 29040. Maybe your locally owned fish store can place an order.

Top Fin the Petsmart brand also makes a 40B lid for a tank with no brace. I've seen it at my local store. You can check with them or try to find the Top Fin part number.

I actually just got back from petco and found that they only had 1 40g left and today was the last day for the 40 for $40 plus I found that they had 1 cover for it when they never do!

I'm stoked, I got a great deal on the tank, got the lid and it was all less than $100

Back
Top Bottom