40 Gallon bowing HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The joints look ok to me. There is a lot of space there without bubbles so it looks like a good bond.

I made my 800 gallon glass tank. Tough not to have a few bubbles here and there. The bonding strength of the silicone used for tank building is really strong.

It's not really a lot of outward pressure on the joints anyways with that amount of water.

to put your mind at ease just take the tank back and get yourself an acrylic for Xmas!

The joints look ok to me. There is a lot of space there without bubbles so it looks like a good bond.

I made my 800 gallon glass tank. Tough not to have a few bubbles here and there. The bonding strength of the silicone used for tank building is really strong.

It's not really a lot of outward pressure on the joints anyways with that amount of water.

to put your mind at ease just take the tank back and get yourself an acrylic for Xmas!

Okay :) that's what I think ill do. Except ill probably keep this tank and use it for a Russian tortoise or something like that. I would sell it on Craigslist but I don't want to give it to someone if its bothering me with slight bowing. So far it's held up and it's been set up for about three days.

Just curious. How is your tank doing? We have the same setup ( tank and stand) and i just realized mine tank is bowing at front by 1/8 of an inch. All my tanks bow even the 20s.

Back
Top Bottom