40 gallon Breeder to 55 gallon upgrade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The yellow ones are yellow labs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yep they are African cichlids I would not mix your tinfoil barb with them if you were to upgrade and move the barb and stuff to a bigger tank, you could use the 40 breeder to have a small yellow lab colony.

Yep they are African cichlids I would not mix your tinfoil barb with them if you were to upgrade and move the barb and stuff to a bigger tank, you could use the 40 breeder to have a small yellow lab colony.

Darn, I really liked them :facepalm: if I do run into some money, I want to catch the $1/gallon sale and get a 75+ gallon tank :) hopefully if I get enough (I'm selling a few things on craigslist) I will maintain the 40B and make the bigger tank a TF barb/silver dollar tank.

Sounds good but I wouldn't do silver dollars with more tonfoils in any tank under 125 gallon just my opinion. But yah if you keep the 40 B you could get some Africans like 6-8

Sounds good but I wouldn't do silver dollars with more tonfoils in any tank under 125 gallon just my opinion. But yah if you keep the 40 B you could get some Africans like 6-8

Hopefully if I can save enough money, I can get a 125 with a stand and filters :)

That would be amazing! You will never regret buying a large tank like that and your tinfoil barb would be loving life with all that swimming space!

Hopefully if I can save enough money, I can get a 125 with a stand and filters :)

Ok here's an idea, I can get a 90 (dollar per gallon sale) and move my current stock plus one more RT TF barb. I will have to shut down the 40b so I can use the filters on it, though.

That would be amazing! You will never regret buying a large tank like that and your tinfoil barb would be loving life with all that swimming space!

I would really love a huge tank like a 125, the only problem is money. :nono:

That would still be cool the barbs will do much better in it!

I think that in all likelihood I would have to settle for a 90 (due to space and budget). I think it would be good to move my current stock into a 90 and start up the 40 in the future.

It would work out just fine since the red tails don't get as big as a regular tinfoil barb. All the other fish will benefit from the upgrade to! Get some pics up when you get it:)!

You're right, a 90 would be perfect! Like I said, it all depends on if my stuff sells on Craigslist. :D

I'm sure it will and best of luck with all of your fish adventures ahead!

Thanks! I really appreciate all of your help! If I do upgrade, I will PM you with pics :) thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom