40 gallon build ok??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedysnail

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1-3 synodontis petricola
1 keyhole cichlid
1 firemouth
1 BN
1 African butterfly fish
1 rainbow fish
8 tiger barbs

Someone told me to us aqstock or something and it said this would b fine

1-3 synodontis petricola
1 keyhole cichlid
1 firemouth
1 BN
1 African butterfly fish
1 rainbow fish
8 tiger barbs

Someone told me to us aqstock or something and it said this would b fine

what kind of rainbowfish? most are schoolers so i would cross that off the list. aqadvisor.com is what your talking about. i would cut out the rainbowfish and butterfly, then fill the tank with lots of hiding places and your good to go.

Ok, thanks I really like the butterfly fish though so is there anyway I can keep it? I know ph differs. Also can I have plants In here?

it may work, if you get all three of the semi-aggressive fish at a young age. firemouths are known for uprooting plants. if you go with some hardy, low to low-medium light plants, it will likely work out. once all of these fish are full grown, you may need to look into a 75 gallon tank to keep up with their bioload

I would definitely go with 3 of the petricola. They are a lot more comfortable in a group.

I would definitely go with 3 of the petricola. They are a lot more comfortable in a group.

Seconded. If you get the Petricola, get 3. I had one alone and through here, found out what was and that they prefer groups. Got him 2 buddies and his attitude changed dramatically. Went from hiding all the time to swimming around and playing/being active in just a day

They are one of my fav. freshwater fish. Planning on having a school of 10 in my 90g when I get it.

Ok thanks everyone, I have some jungle val, amazon swords, anarcharis, Java moss, Anubis, and some other plant that grows super fast. So besides the moss I think they will be ok. if they ever get too big and their bio load or super aggression issues form I will try and upgrade and if not I can give one or two to my friend that has a 180 Amazonian tank.

Back
Top Bottom