40 gallon stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcmcn5

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'd appreciate some input from you veterans on whether this potential set up is ok, or too much:

1 bristle nosed pleco
1 red tailed black shark
8 tiger barbs (4 green, 4 normal)
4 Keyhole cichlids.

I have plenty of options to move some as they grow. For example, as the RTBS grows, I plan on moving him to the 125 gallon I'm building a stand for, and if I had to, I could move the barbs into their own 30 gallon tank. But I'm wondering what you folks think about this current set up. Is it too much for a 40 gallon tank. All fish are currently juveniles, but the cichlids will reach 5" or so.

Any input is appreciated.

I'd appreciate some input from you veterans on whether this potential set up is ok, or too much:

1 bristle nosed pleco
1 red tailed black shark
8 tiger barbs (4 green, 4 normal)
4 Keyhole cichlids.

I have plenty of options to move some as they grow. For example, as the RTBS grows, I plan on moving him to the 125 gallon I'm building a stand for, and if I had to, I could move the barbs into their own 30 gallon tank. But I'm wondering what you folks think about this current set up. Is it too much for a 40 gallon tank. All fish are currently juveniles, but the cichlids will reach 5" or so.

Any input is appreciated.

The only thing Im concerned with is he cichlids. That is alot of cichlid for not so much tank lol I worry fighting may occur.

Actually, the keyhole cichlid is one of the most peaceful of all cichlids, both with each other and other species. That's why I specifically chose them. In addition, unlike most cichlids, the keyhole can actually go into a 30 gallon, so I'm not too concerned yet about them being in a 40.

Actually, the keyhole cichlid is one of the most peaceful of all cichlids, both with each other and other species. That's why I specifically chose them. In addition, unlike most cichlids, the keyhole can actually go into a 30 gallon, so I'm not too concerned yet about them being in a 40.

Oops my bad. I dont know why I was seeing convicts in my head lol no I think your stock will be fine!

Back
Top Bottom