40 gallon stocking plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello! If you read my previous thread, I'm finally starting my 40 gallon tank today! I have everything in my room so far, just need to set it up. I also have a 55 gallon QuietFlow filter, but I may upgrade it at any given time after the cycling process is finished

So I'm definitely using my 10 gallon media to speed up the cycle, but until then I'm not really sure how I want to stock my tank!

In my 10 gallon I have 3 platys, 1 baby platy, 6 neon tetra, 4 ghost shrimp and a mystery snail.

I'm definitely moving my platys into the 40, but I'm thinking about keeping the neon tetra. What are some good fish to have for my 40? I'm already DEFINITELY getting the following:

2 Bolivian rams
4-5 guppies
6-7 danios (for cycling)
3-4 corydoras catfish

Hello! If you read my previous thread, I'm finally starting my 40 gallon tank today! I have everything in my room so far, just need to set it up. I also have a 55 gallon QuietFlow filter, but I may upgrade it at any given time after the cycling process is finished

So I'm definitely using my 10 gallon media to speed up the cycle, but until then I'm not really sure how I want to stock my tank!

In my 10 gallon I have 3 platys, 1 baby platy, 6 neon tetra, 4 ghost shrimp and a mystery snail.

I'm definitely moving my platys into the 40, but I'm thinking about keeping the neon tetra. What are some good fish to have for my 40? I'm already DEFINITELY getting the following:

2 Bolivian rams
4-5 guppies
6-7 danios (for cycling)
3-4 corydoras catfish

Well hi there! Do you like the danios? If not, you can do a fishless cycle! But if ya do, here's a good idea.
2 Bolivian rams
5 guppies
6 danios
4 Cory's
6 rumynose tetras
1 Joey gourami
1 bn pleco
That may be over or under stoacked, just a guideline. However, is this a 40 gallon breader? That would be Alpt more spacious

Well hi there! Do you like the danios? If not, you can do a fishless cycle! But if ya do, here's a good idea.
2 Bolivian rams
5 guppies
6 danios
4 Cory's
6 rumynose tetras
1 Joey gourami
1 bn pleco
That may be over or under stoacked, just a guideline. However, is this a 40 gallon breader? That would be Alpt more spacious

I'm not sure as to what to do with it quite yet, but your plan is quite appealing! I think I'm going to get the danios tomorrow, then I'll slowly start adding fish!

Back
Top Bottom