46 Gallon Bow Front Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
What should I put in my 46 Gallon? It's cycle and it currently contains 2 Blue Rams, 1 Black Ghost Knife, and 4 Zebra Danios. I'm going to remove the Zebra Danios, but not sure about the Blue Rams.

I might add some loaches or corys. Maybe 2 zebra loaches and a bushy nose pleco as a cleanup crew.

Some cardinal and neon tetras in a school would be nice, not sure but the ran might bother them.

Red and Black Phanotm Tetras in a school are stunning too.

JMHO

The bushy nose pleco (aka bristlenose or Ancistrus) is an excellent fish for eating algae. They don't grow very big (<4" usually) and they are very well behaved with other fish. If you get one you should also have a piece of driftwood in the tank because they like to gnaw on that too. I would suggest adding 5 or more corys because they are fun to watch and a school of larger tetras. I would avoid any smaller fish, including neon tetras, because as the ghost knife gets bigger it might consider them snacks. Remember that it has the potential to get up to almost 20" long although I'm not sure what the norm is. If you follow this link it will give you more info on your ghost knife including a list of compatible species.

http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/knifefish.xml

Well I won't have to worry about getting small fish becaused my BGK has died :(. It was my favorite fish...

Yea I would want to, but I don't know.... Don't want my Zebra Danios and Blue Rams to harass the new one.

Back
Top Bottom