5.5 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
If I have a well cycled, well filtered, heavily planted 5.5 gallon what is the limitation of stocking? I was thinking a bunch of rcs some pygmy corydoras and a small schooler...

Ah I worried that it might be small. Right now it has neon tetras in it (I know I know) and they seem happy except one mystery death...... But they have been healthy for months now...

Ah I worried that it might be small. Right now it has neon tetras in it (I know I know) and they seem happy except one mystery death...... But they have been healthy for months now...

How many neons do you have? You might could do a Honey Gourami as they only get 1.25 inches I think or maybe a killifish group. That is pretty cramped still.

How many neons do you have? You might could do a Honey Gourami as they only get 1.25 inches I think or maybe a killifish group. That is pretty cramped still.
We had 5 or 6 but one died. I was just thinking.... dangerous pastime hehe. My brother has it and his plants have grown like mad and the tank is like a jungle!

Sounds like a pretty nice tank. You could put in a Sparkling Gourami, almost forgot about them! Other than that, I wouldn't go too crazy since it's only 5.5g.

Yea I was just wondering.... Oh we got a frog in there. Forgot about him...

If it is an African Dwarf Frog, I would get him 1 friend and call it stocked. ADF's really enjoy the company of their own kind. I would say 2 is the bare minimum.

If it is an African Dwarf Frog, I would get him 1 friend and call it stocked. ADF's really enjoy the company of their own kind. I would say 2 is the bare minimum.
I know but we want a regular one and can only find white!

Yes, definitely don't get the white/albino as it is likely the much larger African Clawed Frog. These things may look small and similar to ADF's, but as adults they would eat your tetras. I saw a video where one had gotten a Betta and was eating it.

Yes, definitely don't get the white/albino as it is likely the much larger African Clawed Frog. These things may look small and similar to ADF's, but as adults they would eat your tetras. I saw a video where one had gotten a Betta and was eating it.
That was my first thought but these really are adfs.

Back
Top Bottom