5.5g fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SadSoyBeans

Aquarium Advice Freak
So after I realized that my 10g was over stocked i thought that i can most of my fish from my 10g to my 29g. Then i thought of my betta, i'd love to give him a 10g rather than his old tank.

So what im wondering is, what (non-betta) fish are good for a 5.5g tank?

Im thinking either endlers, or like 2 male guppies, or possibly shrimp. But im down with any suggestions

You're pretty limited with a 5.5 gallon as far as stocking goes. Some people have success with a small school of Celestial Pearl Danios in 5.5s even though I wouldn't put them in much less than a ten. A Betta would also be a good choice. However, I would consider pea puffers. I have a 5.5 gallon planted tank in my college dorm room which currently houses 3 pea puffers. They are a full freshwater puffer which stays under an inch. They are snail eaters that will normally accept bloodworms or brine shrimp as a frozen staple food. I have 3 in my 5.5 even though traditional wisdom say more like 10 gallons for a trio. For 2 months now they have been getting along swimmingly and as long as they continue on that way I'll keep all three. They are a really neat odd ball fish and they have been a joy to have around so far. :D

Those pea puffers are pretty cute, but i feel like they are out of my skill level. I might just get a female betta or something

Actually maybe not. Just one of the sources that i read said that they were hard to keep,but lots of them say that they are easy

Back
Top Bottom