5 gal. tank ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snails ? sounds stupid but their actually fun to watch when their moving around and their not expensive . you could keep like 5 snails and some other small fish and maybe a Plecoptera but that might get to big for a 5 gal well not the albino but anyways snails are awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Snails ? sounds stupid but their actually fun to watch when their moving around and their not expensive . you could keep like 5 snails and some other small fish and maybe a Plecoptera but that might get to big for a 5 gal well not the albino but anyways snails are awesome.

I believe you mean plecostomus (Plecoptera are stoneflies) and definitely not a consideration for a 5g.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't do neons or cardinals in a 5g. They like to be in larger groups and really need more swimming room. There are other schooling nano fish that would work in a 5g.

Ember or Green Neon Tetras may work.

Maybe a group of male endlers? They're really colorful and watching them interact is relaxing. And they stay small too, less than an inch.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I put 5 neon tetra and some amano shrimp in my 5.5 gallon tank. They seem much happier in my 10 now though...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Heres a list of fish that could work: Trichopsis pumila, Neocaridina, Poecilia wingei, Poecilia reticulata, Colisia chuna, Betta splendens, Betta smaragdina, Neolamphrologus ocellatus, Danio margaritatus, Hyphessobrycon amandae, Corydoras pygmaeus, Badis Badis, Paracheirodon simulans, Cipangopaludina chinensis. Fish that would MAYBE work: Aphyosemion bitaeniatum, Nannostomus marginatus, Nannostomus beckfordi, Betta pi, Colisia lalia, Hyphessobrycon sp. "HY511", Paracheirodon, Caridina, Epiplatys annulatus.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Heres a list of fish that could work: Trichopsis pumila, Neocaridina, Poecilia wingei, Poecilia reticulata, Colisia chuna, Betta splendens, Betta smaragdina, Neolamphrologus ocellatus, Danio margaritatus, Hyphessobrycon amandae, Corydoras pygmaeus, Badis Badis, Paracheirodon simulans, Cipangopaludina chinensis. Fish that would MAYBE work: Aphyosemion bitaeniatum, Nannostomus marginatus, Nannostomus beckfordi, Betta pi, Colisia lalia, Hyphessobrycon sp. "HY511", Paracheirodon, Caridina, Epiplatys annulatus.
I personally wouldn't put any of the pencilfish in a 5g. Similar to tetras in that they very much appreciate swimming space.

Clown killies are fine in a 5g, very small fish that can be kept in a group. A pair of most other killies would work as well. Many killie breeders actually use smaller containers, not even tanks.

My grandpa used to breed killies. I was just thinking if every good nano fish for that tank I could. If it was my tank I would put maybe a pair if scarlet badis and some CPDs.

Lots of great ideas everyone - I definitely have lots of options now. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom