5 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say order 10. Then if you lose a couple during shipping/acclimation you'll still have a nice school.

I keep a group of scarlet badis with chili rasboras and have had no feeding issues. They feed on both the flake and sinking pellets, as well as snail eggs.

For the RCS, you may want to check ebay and aquabid. You can often find auctions for 25 for $25 w/ free shipping. An excellent deal compared to the $3.99 my lfs charges for them. :eek:

I would say order 10. Then if you lose a couple during shipping/acclimation you'll still have a nice school.

I keep a group of scarlet badis with chili rasboras and have had no feeding issues. They feed on both the flake and sinking pellets, as well as snail eggs.

For the RCS, you may want to check ebay and aquabid. You can often find auctions for 25 for $25 w/ free shipping. An excellent deal compared to the $3.99 my lfs charges for them. :eek:
Wait your Scarlets eat flake! My LFS and most references I found say they wont and if threy do will not be healthy!

Yeah they eat some flake, but they prefer the other stuff. They are very healthy. Gorgeous specimens with no issues. :)

Well I should say I'm not positive they all eat flake, but I've seen atleast some of them eat it. ;)

Betta pellets usually float, and you want a good sinker. I offer a variety of pellets and wafers..they seem to really like regular ol' shrimp pellets.

The only place online I found chili rasboras is Petco. Ick. :( I will have to keep looking!

Does anyone know where I can get chili rasboras or scarlet badis?

maxwellag said:
Does anyone know where I can get chili rasboras or scarlet badis?

I've found some on aquabid before. There are some really good sellers on there so just look at the reviews before you buy any though!

I would try liveaquariua.com.

I don't think Petco fish are bad from online. You get them the same way all other LFS get them, ordering them from an online retailer.

bruinsbro1997 said:
I would try liveaquariua.com.

I don't think Petco fish are bad from online. You get them the same way all other LFS get them, ordering them from an online retailer.

Liveaquaria doesn't have chlili rasboras but they have scarlet badis. I might order the rasboras from petco. I guess it would be better than from the a local petco, but I will look at my local one today just to make sure. But I will only buy if I like the condition of the tanks an if the fish look happy and healthy.

I ordered chili rasboras, scarlet badis, and thai micro crabs..which I believe one of you is also looking for..from franksaquarium.com. I have purchased scarlet badis from several sources, and I must say the ones I got from him are really gorgeous specimens. It looks like most of the fish on his nano page are out of stock right now, but I would shoot him an email because sometimes it says out of stock when it's really not. ;) Or he might be able to get them in for you.

I ordered chili rasboras, scarlet badis, and thai micro crabs..which I believe one of you is also looking for..from franksaquarium.com. I have purchased scarlet badis from several sources, and I must say the ones I got from him are really gorgeous specimens. It looks like most of the fish on his nano page are out of stock right now, but I would shoot him an email because sometimes it says out of stock when it's really not. ;) Or he might be able to get them in for you.
I just looked at his website and it is going to cost 62$ total for me to get 6 chilis and 6 RCS shipped to me... Yikes! I couldn't find scarlet badis. I am about to go to another one of my LFSs that I really like. If I don't see any there I will check out my local Petco. If I don't find any of the species I want at the one I really like, I am going to check Petco. And if Petco has them (and all the fish lok happy and healthy) then I'll get whatever I find...

Scarlet badis is on the nano fish page. That must be for express mail. Email him and see if he'll do priority.

You could also try PM'ing severum...she can likely get the chili's..not sure on the scarlet badis though.

siva said:
You could also try PM'ing severum...she can likely get the chili's..not sure on the scarlet badis though.

I pmed her and hn1, got no response yet. I will email franksaquarium and see if I can get priority mail pricing.

Back
Top Bottom