5 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw some scarlet badis in someone else's aquarium and they look cool. Anybody have experience with those, and could I do them with shrimp?

I haven't had any experiences but I have thought about them and have heard that they are avid shrimp hunters. Same with sparkling gouramis (although they sure are beautiful!).

Alright do you Think i could do:
3 emerald dwarf rasbora
3 killifish or 3 celestial pearl danios
6 red cherry or blue velvet shrimp?

Or would that be overstocking?

Alright do you Think i could do:
3 emerald dwarf rasbora
3 killifish or 3 celestial pearl danios
6 red cherry or blue velvet shrimp?

Or would that be overstocking?

Honestly of just go with having 6 of either of those (the rasboras and danios). But that's me...

Honestly of just go with having 6 of either of those (the rasboras and danios). But that's me...

So what should i do? Im kinda thinking like a red/blue thing (red shrimp, blue fish/or red fish/blue shrimp). So i'm just trying to decide which fish would be the best fit.

So what should i do? Im kinda thinking like a red/blue thing (red shrimp, blue fish/or red fish/blue shrimp). So i'm just trying to decide which fish would be the best fit.

If you're doing that I would do this:
x7 chili rasboras
x7+ blue velvet shrimp

I think that is probably the safest way to keep everything together. My chilis would often do a little shoaling thing that was super cool to see. They were one of my favorite fish, I hope to get more one day. That's just my opinion though...

If you're doing that I would do this:
x7 chili rasboras
x7+ blue velvet shrimp

I think that is probably the safest way to keep everything together. My chilis would often do a little shoaling thing that was super cool to see. They were one of my favorite fish, I hope to get more one day. That's just my opinion though...

Oh ok, maybe. Are there any other good small red or blue fish I could get?

Yeah, here is a good place: http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm

There are a lot of nano fish that fit your wants. It's amazing the variety out there:). I sometimes wish I had a million little tanks to fill;)

Oh and I realized that I mixed up the rasbora that you are talking about, the emerald would be a great addition as well. I was thinking it was something else:O

Yeah, here is a good place: http://www.franksaquarium.com/nanofish.htm

There are a lot of nano fish that fit your wants. It's amazing the variety out there:). I sometimes wish I had a million little tanks to fill;)

Oh and I realized that I mixed up the rasbora that you are talking about, the emerald would be a great addition as well. I was thinking it was something else:O

Haha that'd be fun! Thanks for the link and all your help! I have to wait a bit for the tank to cycle, get some decor, and then I'll figure out my stocking list, I'll probably pick between these two:

7 emerald rasboras
7 red cherry shrimp

Or

7 celestial pearls
7 blue velvet shrimp

I like the emeralds and red cherries. They're so cool looking, I mean look at the emeralds' patterns! Well good luck and I expect some pictures;)

Wish we could get the coloured shrimp in New Zealand. Shrimp aren't really done much over here.

I do like the chilli rasboras. Have got a school of my own. Great to watch, they always checking out everything.

Back
Top Bottom