5 gallon tank options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007girl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a 5 gallon tank because my betta had finrot (constant for a year) and I thought a bigger and newer tank would help. It didn't and now he's gone. I was already planning on what I'd get if he passes which was glofish (zebra danios). I thought they'd be fine because the tanks in the store are so small. The internet says I was wrong.
I'm NOT getting another betta, I have had them for around 10 years off and on throughout my life and have always brought them home, they get sick, I treat them, they die miserably. I'm looking for something swimmy. I've had fish all my life, including, well mostly, saltwater, so it doesn't need to be a beginner fish. Not looking for just snails either, maybe one for cleaning.

So down to the big question: if I do biweekly 50% water changes what can I keep in a 5.5 gallon? It has a heater in it which keeps it 78 f, and I will put in a filter if needed.
:fish1:

You could also do a shrimp tank. Or get a small number of Chili rasboras since they are so tiny.

Back
Top Bottom