50 Gal Tall stocking Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieMomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, my school was just gifted with a beautiful corner tank and stand from some parents who are moving. It's very big and in comparing it to my 55 Gal. at home I'm estimating it's a 50 Gal. Tall.

I'd like to make it a tropical community tank for angelfish and perhaps Cories and Platys. It has white and beige aquarium sand and plastic plants. I have just started a fishless cycle.

My questions ate whether this stocking plan will work compatibility-wise and how many of each would be ideal. Maybe 8 Cories. 4 Platys (3f 1m) and 5 baby angels?

Sounds good to me.

On your signature though give it a few years and then assess the cost in relation to a sports car :)

Oops, forgot to add 10 harlequin rasboras, also. Is that too many fish?

I'd say slightly overstocked, nothing overly problematic on the condition you keep up with water changes. Maybe 2 a week instead of 1.

Hmmmm if I am lucky enough to find angelfish already paired perhaps just the one pair and then I could have the rasboras. I guess I'll have to go by what's available at m LFS. I think they are pretty good and ordering online is too pricey for me.

Back
Top Bottom