55 and 30 gallon plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Some of you may know or have read my other threads saying about setting up a 55 gallon aquarium and stuff. Anyways here's what I would like it to looks like. Mind my bad drawing. Basically what I'm hoping on doing is:
To have a sand substrate
Some slate
Caves
Rocks
Java fern
Amazon sword
Camboma
Java moss
Not sure on other plants yet
Fluval internal u4 filter
Then comes the stock:
2 german blue rams
2 angel fish ( going to buy 3 and hope for a pair then sell the other one)
6-8 cherry barbs
10 cardinal tetra
1 snowball pleco
8 sterbai Cories
Would you add or minus anything from this list?
I'm think about doing this with my 30:
Current stock:
5 platies
3 guppies
5 dwarf gourami
8 panda Cories
Red cherry shrimp
Anamo shrimp
4 otos

Hoping stock plan:
6 guppies
5 dwarf gourami
6 otos
8 panda Cories
The shrimp
Then something else
Any suggestions or criticisms welcome! :) thanks

I'm thinking of adding another school of ember tetra or some Bolivian rams to the 30 and move the guppies to a 10. Not sure yet.

You should add some Crypts to that plant list. Very easy and a great foreground plant. Highly recommended. As I'm typing this I am forgetting what you had in your stock list, but I love angels. They aren't as hard as people think. But I also love rams! And believe it or not.... I am a sucker for red wag platy's ...... Idk why.

You can highlight the words so when your typing you can read what the person put. If using the app just click on their post then there's like an arrow button on the top right hand side. I was considering discus as a centrepiece but I went against it.

Samzter said:
You can highlight the words so when your typing you can read what the person put. If using the app just click on their post then there's like an arrow button on the top right hand side. I was considering discus as a centrepiece but I went against it.

Yea I knew that, I just am lazy. lol. And yea, discus terrify me.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Lfs doesn't carry them. I don't think I'm ready to order online yet. Here's some schooling fish i like:
Glowlight tetra
Lemon tetra
Black skirt tetra
Harlequin rasbora
X ray tetra
I'm not really a fan of barbs apart from the cherries.

I quite like this as a stock.

55:
2 angelfish
8 glow light tetra
8 cardinal tetra
6 cherry barb
2 german blue rams
8 sterbai Cories
Some sort of shrimp

30:
5 dwarf Gouramis
8 panda Cories
3 anamo shrimp
20 red cherry shrimp
2 bolivian rams or german blue rams? Add or minus what you think will or won't work.

Back
Top Bottom