55 Gal Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilson_004

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im getting new lights for my 55 gal for xmas becasue the stock lights thatc ame with the tank dont seem to show my fish's colours well. It stocked with african cichlids of mostyly blue/purple and yellow colours. he yellow is already vibrant but the blue on all my fish isnt so much. Would this be a good light to get to show more of the colours in the blue or do you recommend something else.

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA...life48aqualightpowercompactstriplight2x65watt

Thanks for any replies!!

I think that should do fine. The blues in the actinics should bring out the colors in your fish. If it ends up being too blue for your taste, try some 10000K bulbs, they are more blue than the usual full spectrum (6500K bulbs but not as blue as the actinics. I have one 6500K and one 10000K on my 55 with turquoise rainbowfish and the 10000K really brings out the color. I don't have any actinics so I haven't tried them myself.

On our African tank (150T) we have a triple tube strip with two 50/50 bulbs and 1 Actinic. It really brings out the natural coloration. You could go with a double tube strip and get two 50/50 bulbs for a little bit cheaper price.

Back
Top Bottom