55 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honmol

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am stocking and aquascaping a 55 gallon tank. I've fishless cycled it and the substrate is sand. It has filter, heater, and lighting. I also have a large piece of driftwood that I can use but other than that I have nothing.

I can't decide what type of tank to have. I can't keep fish that require a low pH but other than that I can keep just about anything that will do well in a 55 gallon. (do not worry. I research all of my pets before getting them. I just need a reccommendation or a place to start researching)

If you had a 55 gallon what would you stock it with?

Ok. I know about alot of fish and their needs. The problem is that I'm not sure what kind I should get as I don't have personal experience with them. Are there any fish that you personally like or would stock a 55 gallon with?

I would go with African Cichlids. :D Although, I do like my community tank. lol I won't be of much help. What kind of fish do you want? A few large or several small?

honmol said:
I thought that angels needed a lower pH.

I'm considering African cichlids. :D

It isn't necessarily the pH as much as it is a CONSTANT pH. That is much much MUCH more important. However, if you want to completely mimick the environment, then a higher pH (with limestone to increase hardness) would be ideal for an african tank. They are a little complicated if you are starting in the hobby though ;) You might stick to angels/gouramis or a similar community tank

Back
Top Bottom