55 Gallon Craigslist purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southpaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, so I just bought a 55 off of Craigslist and it is going to take some work to clean up. What would you recommend as the best thing to use to remove all the calcium buildup on the tank and on the filters? Also any cabinet/stand ideas? May just build one. Thanks!

White distilled vinegar usually does the trick. If the calcification is too heavy for that, then you can use CLR..... either way, you'll need to rinse everything real good.

If you have the know-how, you're better off building your own stand.

Great, thank you! I would love to build it, but am not that high skilled of a carpenter. I am hoping to find someone's plans of what they built to follow.

There are a Lon of plans for stand on the web, the supplies are crazy cheap and they're pretty simple to build the basics and you can put whatever you want into it. I wish I had built mine but I found all these plans after I bought mine. If you want to buy one petsmart has a really good one for 150, I bought it and really like the way it looks and it's Very sturdy

Attachments

• image-3815235242.jpg
    image-3815235242.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom