55 Gallon help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kenpachi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I wish I HAD a problem with my 55 gallon. Problem is, strangely enough finding one (the tank that is)... Anyways I can't find one, which is ticking me off. I'd like to get a glass one, I'm not entirely sold on acrylic yet(make it as scratch resistant as glass and I'd buy one). I don't want one that is put together with shoddy craftmanship (55 gal. draining onto your floor will be quite a mess, not to mention the fish freaking out wondering why the water is scratching them).

If anyone is able to find a site that sells JUST the tank and not the tank/stand combo, I would be very happy!

If any more info is needed just ask please!

Thanks again!

Almost forgot, I prefer a rectangle for tank type

go to craigslist... simple solution :) I have bought every tank ive ever had from craigslist, and i think its been a total of 10 (im down to 3 now)... you can usually find a 55 for next to nothing, or at least you can around here. Somebody posted a thread about one they got for free, a tank and stand the other day... You could probably get a nice tank for less than $50

Thanks for the info. But I'd rather buy from a store, I'm weird like that :silly:

I just bought a replacement 55 gallon tank from Petco and it was just about $100. I called around to a few stores (Petco, Petsmart, etc) to see who had what in stock and how much. I live in a metro area though so it was easy for me.

Back
Top Bottom