55 gallon Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Dad found a crawdad and put it in there. It's red and looks cool. Ive kept 1 b4.
Do you plan on keeping it in the long run? I would be cautious with my fish selections with them in the tank. I would not recommend cycling it with any inhabitants.

Do you plan on keeping it in the long run? I would be cautious with my fish selections with them in the tank. I would not recommend cycling it with any inhabitants.

I know. I felt bad about it so I set him/her free in my pond. He wanted to b free :usa and I didn't want to ammonia poison him/her. Anyway, I put in some gravel (in a net) to help seed along with a just recently used filter cartridge and a sponge I had left in an established tank for a month.

Here's a picture of him/her I managed to take.
3789853355_f57f32bd31.jpg

Day 2

This is just a short update. Temperature has dropped to 77F. Water is still cloudy. It is either because
A. Substrate wasn't washed enough (most likely) or
B. Bacteria Bloom (not very likely)
I added a few decorative stones. I also put some more food in the tank, I used a combination of Flakes and Shrimp Pellets. I might be getting a background this afternoon so if I do I'll post an updated picture.

Update

I rearranged some things and added a background. What do you think?
3792309881_6aa65fdae3.jpg

3792313449_016ba5f12e.jpg

3792316721_49c4cc3bfe.jpg

BTW, the net is holding the seeding material.

What are some plants that will be good for this low light set up? I have some Java ferns that I'm going to add 2nite. What else? Also what could I do with my leftover PFS? I probably hav 10 pounds left.

Anubias nana and java moss are the only ones I can think of. 10 gallon tanks are pretty cheap....you could start a 10g heavily planted shrimp tank.

Thank you. I'll probably get some anubias sometime. Our LFS doesn't have many plants but I might b able to request it. They can't be buried in sand can they?
I would do a 10 g, but I'm out of room so I can't put it anywhere :( but maybe sometime. How many shrimp could be in a 10 gal and what species would be best?

Stocking

Here is my stocking list for after it cycles in order of introduction. If one should come before another please tell me.

8 Pearl Danios (introduced in groups of 4)
8 Rummynose Tetras (introduced in groups of 4)
1 Male Swordtail, 3 females
8 corydoras (introduced in groups of 4)
2 Pearl gouramis
2 angelfish

The reason for 8 danios is to minimize nipping.

New Stocking

8 Pearl Danios (introduced in groups of 4)
8 Rummynose Tetras (introduced in groups of 4)
1 Male Swordtail, 3 females
8 corydoras (introduced in groups of 4)
2 Pearl gouramis
2 angelfish
6 khuli loaches

Back
Top Bottom