55 gallon planted stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GallonsOfFun

Aquarium Advice Freak
So..when I'm out of the room I've discovered one of my Green Spotted Puffers has been bullying the other so badly that the attacked puffers' lip is bleeding, he's become incredibly skinny the stress, and has had a chunk taken out of his tale. All of this in less than a week after over a month of harmonious living. Not to worry, though; I'm taking the aggressive one back tomorrow and placing my poor little puffer in his own 30g tank (also currently treating the fins with melafix).

Onto the point, this leaves me with an empty 55 gallon. The tank will be FW, planted, and have sand substrate. I want some sort of community that's not necessarily typical, but in which the fish exhibit interesting behaviors. The only set members are cory catfish and loaches (kuhli and dojo OR kuhli and yoyo). Aside from this, I'm completely open to suggestions.

Hey, unfortunately I decided not to set up a second 55 right now as I need to move a fair bit at the moment and it would be too much. Definitely going to set uph

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry, sent without me finishing it.

...definitely going to set up something like it in a couple years, though, so your suggestions are certainly still important!

Here's what I'd do:

6x marbled hatchet
10x cardinal or rummy nose tetra
1x dwarf gourami OR 2x GBR
6x loach (yoyo or zebra)
6x sterbai cory

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom