55 gallon small powerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magnaflow

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys just wondering what else to do with my FW tank. I was thing maybe I should put in a small powerhead for water movement just for better circulation. Think this woudl be a good idea? Its a planted tank with 4 tiger barbs 2 blue gournamis plecto and kuhli loach. I know there used to streams so this is why I thinking of doing it.

The tiger barbs and the loach would love the current for sure.
However, the pleco would tolerate it, and I don't think that the gouramis would like it at all. :(

BTW, I love tiger barbs, but they can be quite nippy, especially in groups fewer than six. Have they been pestering the gouramis at all? How big is your tank and how denslely planted is it?

The thing really is that you have so different fish, that would like different current. The best would be to leave it like that or maybe only get a small powerhead just for circulation.

thats what I was thinkning maybe like one for liek a 10 gallon tank just for soem movment. But if you think it might be pointless shouldnt waste my money I guess.

I dont see a need for a powerhead. Sounds to me like you have a nice group of fish. Why do you want a powerhead, just to move things around?

Back
Top Bottom