55 gallon stocking ideas???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, i just got a new 55 gallon for my birthday and while it cycles i want to think about the stock.:)

I think i want a bristlenose pleco and some kind of loach, maybe khulis. Other than that i dont know what i want besides it being a commnity tank, so you guys have any ideas?

There are literally hundreds of possibilities for that tank. :)
I love kuhlis. They are great little guys. Other than that, what sort of things do you like? There are angels, gourami, tetras, barbs, and danios of every imaginable color/size/disposition.
Some fun species to look into would be golden wonder killifish, moonlight gourami, denison barbs, apistos, emperor tetras, and pencilfish.

Rainbow fish will also be a good community fish.

Kuhli loaches are AMAZING! i would suggest a group of 6 :)

also pearl gouramis are a great addition, they are every peaceful

are you thinking about live plants?

Hi, sorry I havent posted, i was on vacation. I dont want a gourami because i have one in my other tank but i kinda like the killifish and i might just get a couple hardy live plants because i dont have good lights and am not experienced with them

Anubius is a good low light plant and it will grow out of drift wood very cool here's a pic of mine

image-2279739929.jpg

As for fish I have a 55 gallon and mine is a sharks and barbs tank lots of color and a couple silver dollars also a crawfish but I don't recommend one because they'll eat all your plants lol I hate it but just giving you a few ideas good luck with your tank!!

alright thanks i might try to find a piece of drift woods and attach some anubius because my tank is still pretty bare

So many possibilities! You could have a large comunity tank, or a large nano tank, or a tank of large fish or cichlids!

Back
Top Bottom