55 stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rain87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would 14 black neons, 8 Denison's barbs (red line torpedo barbs), and 3 oto's be too much?

Instead of 8 Denison Barbs ... maybe do 4-6 ... only because they do get up to 6 inches long. None of my 3 are larger than 3inches and they quickly go from one end to the other. That and they can be up to $30 a pop ... but sometimes you find them for $15. I'm not too familiar with the Black Neons ... although I am considering them for my next tank ... 14 should be ok ... maybe lower it to 10 worst case ... IMO.

I can't comment on ottos ... I've also considered getting one to deal with my Brown Algae issue ... It's really not a bad stocking choice.

rain87 said:
Would 14 black neons, 8 Denison's barbs (red line torpedo barbs), and 3 oto's be too much?

Not sure about the denisons.

The black neons should be fine and will definitely be happy in that big of a school.

The otos should be added when the tank is stable and fully matures because they are sensitive fish. They are great algae eaters though :)

It has been established for about 6 months with the neons and otos just found a killer deal on the denison's though.

Back
Top Bottom