55 stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'd be scared to do an angel with the barbs. But correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I don't have the things i bookmarked in front of me but i remember there were a couple of Africans that seemed ok with softer water that i put on my possibility list but i can't recall which ones i was looking at now they are saved in my computer.

Well most Africans would need a cichlid only tank, Mabye a few theese, so Do you want a community or cichlid tank!

Yeah, I'd honesty think about no barbs, its open your options alot

I'd rather find guys that would work with them, that's why I'm compiling lists of names then going to look at everything i can on those various species. The idea of a huge school of tigers sounds so cool to me.

That be cool! I only know about dwarfs so not surehowd they would do, but possibablly a trio of apistos and a pair or trio of keyholes?

That be cool! I only know about dwarfs so not surehowd they would do, but possibablly a trio of apistos and a pair or trio of keyholes?

i hope i don't sound too picky or hard to please but other then the barbs i don't want anything that would need a pair or group just one of each species for the cichlids. I was considering one keyhole but the apistos sounded not aggressive enough to hold their own with other things I've been considering although depending on further research an apisto is not ruled out.

I would not do apsistos in that tank, and if I did I would do the borelli "steel blue" var. Its slightly aggressive, you don't need it with other dwarfs, its pretty to look at and not a "true" apisto. A single krib would do just fine as well along with a blue acara, and a school of barbs will be great with everything and still be semi aggressive. And i'm happy your Not doing rams in that tank because they would not do well. And your right no angel fish

I would not do apsistos in that tank, and if I did I would do the borelli "steel blue" var. Its slightly aggressive, you don't need it with other dwarfs, its pretty to look at and not a "true" apisto. A single krib would do just fine as well along with a blue acara, and a school of barbs will be great with everything and still be semi aggressive. And i'm happy your Not doing rams in that tank because they would not do well. And your right no angel fish

yeah my two rams are wimps lol they back down to black phantom tetras. Blue acara sounds like a definite. For the other two still considering a convict, a jewel, a parrot, a krib and a few others I'm not remembering but just two from that list unless they are all smaller then 3 more in addition to the acara

Oh and i started the photo journal in the show case section for anyone interested. Not much to see yet though lol.

The convict max size is 6", the jewel max size is around 4" and the Kirb is around 3-4" as well if you were asking about about size

The convict max size is 6", the jewel max size is around 4" and the Kirb is around 3-4" as well if you were asking about about size

Thanks. I think I'm going to scope some of the lfs in the area i have two favorites but there are some that are more of a drive with good cichlid reputations, see who has what exchange policy and Carries what in stock frequently then decide. Most likely 3 from my list but if i pick all less then 4 inches I'll choose 4. I'm having a blast starting at the empty tank imagining the possibilities.

Its always the best way to go....ive owned my 150gal for almost 6/7months now and im still designing my filter lol

Back
Top Bottom