55g/90g Stock Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need help with some ideas for stocking a 55g tank, and a 90g. One of the tanks must be a South American Blackwater tank, and have stock compatible with a school of Glowlight tetras and BN plecos. They both have to have an eye catcher, AKA a larger fish that sticks to the middle of the water column, or goes wherever it pleases.

NO MBUNA! I've done that before, and the Red-Red Zebras took the tank over, so much orange, I also don't have good access to them. I can't have any Julis, they tried to overpopulate the tank, my attempt at Brichardi failed, Multis hide too much, and I've never been able to find, let alone afford, a school of Leptosoma to properly complete a Tanganyika Cichlid Biotope. I can't order fish online, it makes me way to nervous, and the shipping is a killer.

Already tried that before. Tiger Lady, my 9"-10" female Red Oscar got depressed after she lost all of her friends. She was so depressed that she didn't even move the fake plants around, something that she'd pout at me about if she couldn't do so.

Oscars are ugly when they're small, but give them time, good food, and proper sized tanks, they get really pretty once they hit the 5"-7" mark. They're also highly predatory, and I'm not sure I'd be able to have any Silver Dollars keep up with with their growth rate.

I'd prefer to have the 90g planted, or at least have space for driftwood, and Tiger didn't let me do so! I'd rather have something much tamer, and not another big predator tank, unless it's something really interesting, but I very much doubt I'd be able to find something truly interesting.

Anything I get, has to be fine with the tank sizes, so no Jaguar cichlids or Ornate Bichirs, no matter how much I'd like either, because they get to 2', and I've only got a 55g and a 90g to stock!

Back
Top Bottom