55g cleanup crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
Suggestions fishfolk? Not sure what my options are. I'm open to anything. I hear plecos stop cleaning algae after a year r two.

I hear snails are good, not used them myself through fear of them breeding and becoming a plague. :lol:

Cleaning the tank is your job. Only get critters if you like them. That said It depends on the pleco. Some are great algae eaters some aren't. Bristlenose are good algae eaters.

so what is Your approach?

I love corydora's, so i have a handful of them, they keep on top of any sunken food and i clean the class whenever it needs it myself.

I do have a plec, but she only seems to eat wafers, not a huge issue as i feed them regularly anyway.

I've got a Bristlenose Pleco, 6 Peppered Cory Cats, and a pair of Assasin Snails in my 50g. They're always busy cleaning, but they don't have much of an impact. I do the cleaning...

As for the snails, i've had them for around 6 months and they haven't multiplied...

I've got a Bristlenose Pleco, 6 Peppered Cory Cats, and a pair of Assasin Snails in my 50g. They're always busy cleaning, but they don't have much of an impact. I do the cleaning...

As for the snails, i've had them for around 6 months and they haven't multiplied...

Assassins are likely ok, i've never really heard of a population of them going insane. Some snails are much like guppies - prolific breeders.

I openly admit to being scared of a snail invasion :lol:

I got an infestation of ugly translucent snails when i put real plants in. They were covering everything, so i bought a couple of Assassins. They look good, with the striped shells, and took care of the infestation really fast. :)

Back
Top Bottom