55g FW Community Stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, thanks for the input all. The wife totally threw everything out the window once we got the lfs. We brought home 3 juvie Angels (someone bought the entire tank of mid-sized including the Koi that I so badly wanted) and a Pictus Cat.

So now we have the 2 BS Tetras, 1 Pictus, and 3 little Angels...

Rosenweiss said:
You don't need 8 cories. They'll do fine between 4 and 6. Also, are you aware of the aggressive tendencies of the black and white skirts? First, I've found they don't mix well, even though they're technically the same species. Second, they're very nippy and would likely bother your angelfish. I would suggest a more peaceful tetra.

Glad to see that not everyone sees the bs as a peaceful shoaling fish. Its more like having a pack of toothless piranha in your tank. Ours don't fight as much, but they also all stay away from each other now.

I have black skirts in a community tank and I've not seen them bothering anything else in there including the angelfish. I hear it about barbs all the time but IDK. These are a few years old.

I have black skirts in a community tank and I've not seen them bothering anything else in there including the angelfish. I hear it about barbs all the time but IDK. These are a few years old.

I think you got lucky...

Glad to see that not everyone sees the bs as a peaceful shoaling fish. Its more like having a pack of toothless piranha in your tank. Ours don't fight as much, but they also all stay away from each other now.

I totally agree. We just took ours back. We have 2 white skirts in a 29 that do okay on their own. There's no way we're getting them any buddies.

Rosenweiss said:
I totally agree. We just took ours back. We have 2 white skirts in a 29 that do okay on their own. There's no way we're getting them any buddies.

Just added 32 inches of bubbles to the back of the tank. They seem to school quite nicely once you scare the "carp" out of them!

Just added 32 inches of bubbles to the back of the tank. They seem to school quite nicely once you scare the "carp" out of them!

Nice! Mine are doing ok. One of the Angels got banged up pretty good when I first put them in but is healing slowly and everything is pretty sorted at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom