55g needs something more - Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KBCoggin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently I have 15 Cardinals, 5 tri-color (Koi) swords, and 5 assorted platties... But the tank looks empty. I was thinking maybe a school of 15 Rummy Nose. But then I was thinking maybe just a couple of Blue Rams... I don't know. What do you all think I should put in there?

It may look empty but swords can grow quite large. I've seen some get up to around 5". And they have a high bio-load. I wouldn't add a large school of rummynose. You'd do better with a pair of Bolivian Rams or German Blue Rams if the tank is mature and over 4 months old. Another thing is rams are sensitive to nitrates so you have to keep up on large weekly water changes.

It may look empty but swords can grow quite large. I've seen some get up to around 5". And they have a high bio-load. I wouldn't add a large school of rummynose. You'd do better with a pair of Bolivian Rams or German Blue Rams if the tank is mature and over 4 months old. Another thing is rams are sensitive to nitrates so you have to keep up on large weekly water changes.

+1 and I think a pair of Bolivian Rams/ German Blue Rams

Back
Top Bottom