55gal bad news turned into 75gal good news!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
No questions here just thought I would post my good news. I have been leading up to a bigger tank now for about 2 months. I first researched filters and chose and bought one... ...then my wife and I finally agreed on the 55gal (48x12). So last week I went into bigals on Monday to make sure they had all the parts I would need on hand for Wed. Tank, stand, light and glass top, the "computer" showed they had it all. Back on wed. and there was no stand but: "the shipment coming will have some of your stand for sure." "it should be here next wed./thur." they told me. I quickly checked in yesterday to see if the truck had arrived and it hadn't. Today I decided to see if maybe, just maybe the truck actually came...

I enter the store and see the staff moving around pallets and boxes... ...yes!!! i think to myself walking down the isle towards the back. As "my guy" coms out from the back he looks right at me and looks down with a "bad news" look on his face. "no stands at all" he says in frustation. To try and make this long story short I asked what the 75 would cost and he "worked his magic" and for about 30 bucks for it's mine. Not too bad I'd say. The even better news is that my wife said yup do it and this was the tank I originally wanted, oh how things sometimes just work out...

thats beautiful...i wish it would be that easy for me...i did get my 55 for free, but i had to buy all the furniture...

now i'm looking at picking up a 75 real soon...good luck with the 75er...

Mazdaman! You little sneak! How dare you take advantage of Big Al? Hurrmphh! :wink:

We have something in common now (although you will be starting ahead of me).

Congrats on the excellent deal (and an excellent wife)! :D

oh and they threw in a 25lb bag of gravel free too. Big Als in Edmonton has great service!!!!! way to go guys.

Back
Top Bottom